Karbonn Mobiles is a telecommunication firm in India which was founded in March 2009. It is a joint venture mobile manufacturing company between the Bangalore based United Telelinks Limited (a group of Telecom Major, United Telecoms Limited) and Noida based Jaina Marketing & Associates.
The firm's total investment in Indian consumer market is over $5 million and expects to gain Rs.1000 Crore revenue in the fiscal year 2011. Karbonn Produces wide range of products like Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Tablets, etc.
The company has enlarged its market presence by sponsoring and partnering with some of the prestigious cricket game leagues such as Airtel Championship Leagues, Indian Premier League matches. The company was associated with the Cape Cobras during the Champions League Twenty20 matches held in 2010. Apart from cricket games, the company has also recently associated with Indian Entertainment industry by being the lead sponsor and associate of 17th annual Star Screen Awards and also Mirchi Music Awards ceremonies.
Apart from these, the company has struck a deal with Eros International Media Ltd., the makers of Rajinikanth starrer film Kochadaiyaan (2012) that will involve five lakh Kochadaiyaan merchandise with screen savers and images from the film along with the trailer, behind the scenes shots, signature tune of the film and lead actor's signature on back cover of phones. Products in-built with these additions will be available in the market around September 2012 to October 2012
Famous SmartPhones & Tablets
- Karbonn Smart Tab 1, is a 7-inch tablet PC runs on Android 4.0.3 Ice-cream Sandwich OS, powered by a 1.2 GHz MIPS-based processor and backed by 512 MB of RAM, which makes itself capable enough to deliver smooth performance, faster web browsing, Full HD video playback on its 7-inch capacitive multi-touchscreen display with a resolution supported of up to 800 x 480 pixels.
- On July 31st 2012 - The Karbonn Smart Tab 1 became the world's first tablet to ship Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS (after only the Nexus 7 by Google).
- Karbonn A1, which runs Android 2.2 Froyo
- Karbonn A7, which runs Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich update will be available soon on the phone and the user can download the update and install it through the wireless media)
- Karbonn A9, which runs Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich update will be available soon on the phone and the user can download the update and install it through the wireless media)